DeWalt’s new 12v cordless tools are some of the lightest they have ever released, with shortened body lengths for even better access to tight spaces. While you’ll feel the benefit of this reduced weight after a long day at work, DeWalt have made sure this new generation of tools is just as hard working as their predecessors, and the good news for users on the existing 10.8v XR platform is that all tools, batteries and chargers are fully compatible with each other across both ranges.
The DCF902 is a 3/8″ impact wrench with three driving modes which work similarly to those found in recent Dewalt impact drivers. Activated by a switch on top of the motor housing, the first mode is a Precision Wrench setting which helps to prevent accidental damage or overtightening when working with smaller fasteners. The next two settings provide increasing levels of speed and torque, up to a maximum of 168Nm. The switch itself is a membrane type which means it won’t get contaminated by grease, oil and grime, and is shielded against accidental scrapes and impacts by overmoulded bumpers for long term duability.
To ensure you get maximum runtime out of your batteries, the DCF902 is fitted with an energy efficient brushless motor which should enable you to keep going for about 20% longer per charge (compared with the brushed motors of the previous 10.8v generation).
• Battery Type: Dewalt XR Lithium Ion
• Drive: 3/8″ Square
• Max Speed: 28500 RPM
• Max Torque: 168Nm
• Speed Settings: 0-2850/0-1000/0-28500 RPM
• Impacts: 0-3600 ipm
• Dimensions: 125mm x 188mm
• Weight (excluding battery): 0.8kg
Features & Benefits
• Lighter and smaller than previous 10.8v generation but with more power
• Three driving modes with Precision Wrench setting for delicate fastening tasks
• Precision Wrench mode prevents overtightening fasteners
• Supplies up to 168Nm of torque in maximum power setting
• Durable membrane switch with protective bumpers built into the motor housing
• Hog ring for easy socket changes
• Brushless motor for longer runtimes
• Compact size is ideal for working in cramped spaces
• DCF902 12v 3/8″ Cordless Impact Wrench